

Noah won 4 tickets to a Dodger/DBack game at our Little League closing ceremony in June. The game was Aug. 15 and Scott was planning to take the boys. But since we live in the middle of nowhere and Hannah needed to go out of town for a pointe shoe fitting, she went with them. Esther and I stayed home. They went down Friday after school and came back early Sunday morning at 1 am! The game was supposed to be a 1 pm start but was changed to 5. I sent a camera with Scott but they had so much fun they did not take many pics. They had great seats in left field and with mostly Dodger fans. Jonah got a home run ball from batting practice. The only thing that would have made it more fun is if the Yankees were playing. Saturday morning Scott took Hannah to the ballet shoe store and was chatting with the owner, an 85 year old from New York, and his son. Scott said you must be Yankee fans. They said no we are Dodger fans, since the Brooklyn Dodgers, our cousin is Sandy Kaufax! That was very impressive to Scott. Are there any baseball fans who know their history?
3 comments:
Too cool! One of my dad's favorite players ever! An impressive person...both as a player and as a man. Lucky them!
Um, yeah, my sister Becky, my kids and I were at that game too! Sitting in left field on the lower level!!!! I wish we would have seen them!
Rad! I have been talking to my 3rd graders about Jackie Robinson.
Post a Comment